Each year, XPO Logistics' truckload division celebrates our best of the best professional drivers with the annual Drivers of the Year Awards — the company’s highest recognition.
The Driver of the Year Award categories include individual and team awards for company and contracted drivers, as well as an award for the top regional driver. Award recipients are selected based on dedication to safety, professional service and exemplary performance.
Our 2015 Drivers of the Year are:
- Company Driver of the Year, Rene Ibarra, has been driving professionally for more than 24 years, joining the company in 1997. He resides in Duncan, Okla., and when he’s not driving, Rene enjoys fixing up his home and having cookouts with his family.
- Independent Contractor Driver of the Year, Ronald Dennis, joined the company in 2009 and since then has driven nearly 1 million miles. He served in the Army for four years and currently resides in Memphis, Tenn.
- Company Team of the Year, Tom and Paulette Porter, started driving as a team for the company in 2010. They reside in Orlando, Fla., and have five daughters and six grandchildren.
- Independent Contractor Team of the Year, Diana Prieto and Fausto Colon, have driven more than 3.1 million miles as a team. They currently travel with their two dogs, Tinker and Chanel. They reside in San Diego, Cali.
- Regional Driver of the Year, Baldemar Tovar, started driving professionally in 1990, joining the company in 2002. He resides in Eagle Pass, Texas, with his wife, Alma. When not in the driver’s seat, he enjoys spending time with his two grandchildren.
Driver of the Year winners were presented with prizes for their achievement, including an official XPO Logistics jacket, a customized award plaque, a prize item of their choice and a cash prize.