February is American Heart Month and we hope everyone will commit to #HeartHealthyXPO for a healthier lifestyle.
Throughout the month, we’re holding a contest on our Facebook page to encourage professional drivers to stay healthy. Just visit the page, click on our “Heart Health Pledge” link, choose your preferred heart-healthy activity and you’ll be entered to win one of five XPO-branded fitness gear prize packages.
While you’re thinking about how to take care of your heart, consider these simple ways to boost cardiovascular health:
- Reducing sodium intake: The American Heart Association recommends no more than 1,500mgs of sodium per day
- Moving your body: At least 30 minutes of moderate-intensity aerobic activity at least five days per week and two days of moderate- to high-intensity muscle-strengthening activity per week will keep your ticker in peak condition. Keep in mind that even just walking for 30 min a day helps!
- Reducing Stress: Stress can cause illness, influence poor eating habits, and sap your energy. To find your zen, try positive self-talk, deep breathing and finding healthy activities that you enjoy like painting, knitting, listening to music, reading, etc.
As part of our contest, share your progress towards a healthy lifestyle with us via the Facebook page or by using #HeartHealthyXPO on Twitter & Instagram. Check out the goals or activities some of our drivers have already shared with us:
- Regular Cardiologist visits
- Training for a 5k race
- Laugh more!
- Participating in Firefighter training to get in shape
We hope to hear your health goals and activities and if you have any questions, please message us at TLCommunications@xpo.com.