Not only is making lunch on the road a healthier option than the truck stop and gas station options, but in most cases, it is the more cost-effective option as well. Putting together your own lunch also makes it much easier to keep track of calorie intake. Start the year off by getting in the habit of making your own lunch on the road. It is easier than you might think! Here are some of our favorite lunch ideas.
- Turkey and hummus on a whole-wheat wrap. Load it with veggies of your choice and serve with a side of grapes.
- A veggie burger on a wheat bun. Serve with avocado and a side of sweet potato chips.
- Tuna salad made with low-fat mayonnaise and yogurt. Serve over a bed of greens.
- Fruit, yogurt and granola parfait.
- Tomato, mozzarella and spinach salad with balsamic vinegar. Serve with a handful of pretzels, or even a slice of wheat bread to curb your carb cravings.
- Low-sodium tomato soup. Serve with one whole-wheat English muffin.
- Black bean quesadillas with low-fat shredded cheese. Pair with one serving of tortilla chips and salsa.
Drink Tip: Don’t ruin your healthy lunch by drinking your calories! Try to hydrate with water or homemade, unsweetened iced tea.
What are your favorite healthy lunch ideas on the road? Share them with us or post lunch photos on Facebook! www.Facebook.com/ConwayTruckload